Sunday, March 05, 2006

Creation comforts


People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.
Audrey Hepburn
A friend sent this quote to me today. When I did this collage ironically I was thinking about being broken and weary...tired and abused and finding rest and acceptance....
I was sorting through some junk in the basement and found this. I don't remember what year I made it but I remember the kids loved the day and papers were flying....
"From the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper,from a passing shape, from a spider's web. . . we must pick out what is good for us where we can find it."~Pablo Picasso
I read this quote in Alisa's blog which is a great inspiration to me. I want that kind of excellence in my art journals....... we will see (:

No comments: