Tuesday, May 29, 2007

No regrets

The joy of repentance.
I find it hard to admit I was wrong when the fact of the matter is I wear a square halo.
I want to be polished and attractive but I am a square peg trying to fit in a round hole. I am not this perfect Christian wife, mother, sister, friend… I live the already but not yet. Already empowered, forgiven, chosen and redeemed. Not yet …Perfect. I don’t know others but when deep calls unto deep for me it is usually dinner with humble pie for desert.
In biblical terms, repentance means to change your mind about sin and about God.
"...If you return to the Lord with all your heart, remove the foreign gods...from among you and direct your hearts to the Lord...He will deliver you..." (1 Sam. 7:3).
“Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret.” 2 Corinthians 7:10a
So anytime I have pointed a finger, belittled , or gossiped against : my husband, my children, my siblings, my friends, the church, my government, I need to see God for who He is and humble myself. And turn away from My ways and walk with HIM. Experiencing great JOY in the process! He is good.
I say to You, There is Joy in the Presence of The Angels of God
over one sinner who repents. Luke 15:10
I pray they are rejoicing over me today and I can live without regrets in love with life and Christ Jesus my saviour.

3 comments:

platitudinal said...

This is a thoughtful and sincere post, Valerie. Every Christian yearns to be Christ-like. You are absolutely right for stating the need to see God and walk with Him. I also think being a Christian is having an intimate relationship with Christ. In which I am enjoying my time with Him and have urgent need to be so close to Him. When I behold Him, I become. It’s the most natural transformation.

And, the lovely humming bird illustrates your thoughts beautifully.

Willie Baronet said...

I am not a Christian, but I love the image and the spirit of what you say. :-)

Valerie said...

thanks rramone for seeing the heart of what I was saying. I am finding my art making humbling as well as my relational misdealings. I strive for an out come and fall short. Very humbling. So this journey goes. for everything a season Aye?