Thursday, August 07, 2008

Successful Creative Expression

My preparation for teaching this Fall is not taking an orderly path. This frustrates me to no end, but I am going with the process as the rabbit tracks have me reforming my thoughts, which is a good thing. This entry is an introduction to one of my thought gathering essays. Whether these musing will land in one of my art talks this semester has yet to be determined.

Successful Creative Expression
Every artist has their own ideas of what they consider successful creative expression. Some hope to transport another person into their landscape or create a pause in someone’s daily routine. Whereas some may seek the recognition of an single observer, others may hope for reception in a show where they might capture the attention of the multitudes. Successful creative expression may come from the artist’s own satisfaction in a work well done. Still for others the mark of success may be to bring beauty to a world made unappealing by the fall. This may be the simplest yet most profound determination of success. If striving to recapture the goodness God intended for his beloved pre-fall redirects the viewer to the Creator and gives glory to the Father, this expression succeeds at the point of mankind’s greatest need. For every man needs to experience God’s goodness and in that discover their origin God Himself.

No comments: